What is the mission of the Biostatistics Core?
To provide biostatistical support to enhance scientific research through collaboration with the UF Health Cancer Center (UFHCC) members.
Who are the Core Members?
- Fei Zou, PhD (Core Director, Professor in Biostatistics)
- Peihua Qiu, PhD (Professor in Biostatistics)
- Xiaomin Lu, PhD (Assistant Professor in Biostatistics)
- Master’s Biostatistician
What services does the Biostatistics Core provide?
A centralized, state-of-the-art biostatistics service to support cancer research and cancer studies across various phases, including:
- Study design, power, and sample size calculations for grant proposals and clinical trials
- Standard procedures for data sanity check and quality control
- Statistical analysis, including interim and post-study analysis
- Review of protocols and safety monitoring of ongoing clinical trials
- General statistical consultation and education
- Assistance with addressing the new NIH requirements for scientific rigor and transparency.
How should you contact the Biostatistics Core to engage its services in a project or ask advice?
Individuals interested in using the Biostatistics Core should contact:
Fei Zou, PhD
Director, UFHCC Biostatistics Core
Office Phone: (352) 294-5928.
Note: This core is available to individuals who are Cancer Center members. In order to become a member of the UF Health Cancer Center (UFHCC), please visit our UFHCC Membership page. For further questions about membership with the UFHCC, please contact Wendy Malorzo or call (352) 273-8294.
How can you provide feedback on the Biostatistics Core?
The UFHCC is interested to learn how this service did or did not meet your needs, and whether you have any suggestions for improvement. To provide feedback about the Biostatistics Core, please send all comments to Wendy Malorzo or call (352) 273-8294.