UFHCC Research Showcase
The UF Health Cancer Center is proud to present the UFHCC Research Showcase November 2nd-4th, 2017, hosting nine K99 awardees from across the nation. The main symposium will be held on Friday, November 3rd, beginning at 9:00am.
The invitees will give brief talks about their work, attend presentations by UF faculty, tour the ICBR, and learn about the excellent faculty development opportunities at the University of Florida.
This will be a unique opportunity to meet some very promising cancer researchers, and show them how great it is to live and work in North Central Florida! Lunch will be served the day of the event, so please register and indicate whether you would like lunch.The Deadline to register is Monday, Oct. 30th.
This event is open to faculty, staff, Cancer Center members and affiliates, and lab members and trainees. Please feel free to forward this invitation to any lab personnel or trainees who may be interested in attending. Help us make this a successful event!
DOWNLOAD ABSTRACT BOOK HERE.
- 9:00am- 9:10am Welcome
- 9:10am- 9:35am Peter Ly, PhD, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research: “Rebuilding after catastrophe: Mechanisms of genomic rearrangements from cell division errors”
- 9:35am- 10:00am Elise Fouquerel, PhD, University of Pittsburgh: “Local induction of oxidative base damage at telomeres: Deciphering the role of base excision repair in the preservation of telomere integrity”
- 10:00am- 10:25am Mingyi Xie, PhD, University of Florida: “MicroRNA biogenesis at the RNA polymerase II promoter proximal sites”
- 10:25am- 10:50am Peter Choi, PhD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute: “Investigating the role of alternative splicing in cancer pathogenesis”
- 10:50am- 11:20am Coffee break
- 11:20am- 11:45pm Advaitha Madireddy, PhD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine: “The multifaceted role of the Fanconi anemia tumor suppressor pathway in DNA replication”
- 11:45pm- 12:10pm Mark Murakami, MD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute: “Overcoming resistance in BCR-ABL-rearranged acute lymphoblastic leukemia”
- 12:10pm- 12:35pm Olga Guryanova, MD, PhD, University of Florida: “DNMT3A directs therapeutic response in acute myeloid leukemia”
- 12:35pm- 1:00pm Melike Çağlayan, PhD, NIH/NIEHS: “Effects of oxidative stress on mammalian base excision repair”
- 1:00pm- 2:00pm Lunch
- 2:00pm- 2:35pm Keynote: Duane Mitchell, MD, PhD, University of Florida: “Next generation immunotherapy approaches for brain tumors”
- 2:35pm- 3:00pm Marco Ruella, MD, University of Pennsylvania: “Resistance to chimeric antigen receptor T cell therapy”
- 3:00pm- 3:25pm Xiaoyang Zhang, PhD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute: “Noncoding and coding genomic alterations converge to activate oncogenic transcription factors and promote tumorigenesis”
- 3:25pm- 3:50pm Justin Brown, PhD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute: “The role of physical activity and body composition in colorectal cancer prognosis”
- 3:50pm-4:15pm Janice Krieger, PhD, University of Florida: “Delivering precision messages through the patient portal: Examining the efficacy of virtual providers for promoting cancer prevention”
- 4:15pm-4:30pm Closing Remarks