New Hire Resources
As a new employee of the UF Health Cancer Center you are joining a University-wide institution with operations stretching into nearly every College at the University of Florida and impacting oncology research and care across the State of Florida.
The UF Health Cancer Center is committed to the prevention, detection, treatment, and cure of cancer; a cause which all of our faculty, staff, and students directly contribute to, regardless of their role. Before you get started, explore the Welcome to UF! portal and review our employee handbook for more information on the Cancer Center, our mission/vision/values, as well as common workplace policies and contacts which will be useful as you begin your employment with the UF Health Cancer Center.
As always, please contact us if you need any assistance!
Gatorlink creation & Activation
Your “GatorLink” is a personalized username which you will use to login to log in to myUFL and your computer. It will also form the root of your UF email address: “GatorLink@ufl.edu”.
New Registrants in the UF System
You should receive an email with instructions and an invitation code to create your GatorLink account. If you don’t receive the email by within 1or 2 business days from your HR Orientation date or if you need any assistance through the process, contact UFIT at 352-392-4357 and select menu option 1.
Former Students & Returning Faculty/Staff
You will use your UFID and GatorLink to reset your password via the account management portal below. If you need assistance, contact UFIT at 352-392-4357 and menu option 1.
As part of your employment with the University of Florida, you are eligible for a suite of exceptional, comprehensive benefits ranging from health benefits and retirement plans to paid leave and professional development resources.
A link to the Benefits at UF landing page is provided below with information on the health benefits, retirement plans, and leave that are available to you as part of your employment with the University of Florida. You will have 60 days from your hire date to make your benefits elections for health insurance and required retirement plans. If you need assistance navigating the enrollment process or have questions regarding the plans you are eligible for, UF HR has a team of Benefits Specialists who can work with you to make your enrollments. The link to the scheduler can be found below. Changes to your elections can only be made during Open Enrollment (in October) or as part of a Qualifying Status Change. (marriage, birth, dependent eligibility changes, etc.) Qualifying Status Changes must be reported within 60 days of the event or will not take effect until the normal open enrollment period. Reporting will depend on your benefits elections, so be sure to check for reporting requirements here as soon as possible.
Also, be sure to check out Working at UF for a wealth of information about employment at UF including how to navigate through myUFL (entering time, reviewing paychecks, etc.) and everything else employment at UF has to offer. We also definitely recommend checking out GatorPerks for a list of businesses that offer discounts to UF employees!
Your position requires a pre-placement health assessment for job duties involving blood and patient contact, or other contact with other potentially infectious materials. Please complete the following items as soon as possible, prior to your start date:
- Complete the Bloodborne Pathogens Training below (takes approx. 1.5 hours), this will need to be completed prior to completing the Training & Vaccination form below.
- Complete the EHS Training & Vaccination Form online, certifying you’ve completed the BBP/BBW Training and acknowledge/accept the terms of UF’s EH&S policy for PIM.
- Complete the EHS Patient Contact and TB Surveillance Consent forms and obtain a record of your immunization history to provide to Occupational Medicine.
- Complete the Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire online.
- Schedule an appointment with UF Occupational Medicine clinic at 352-294-5700. You’ll need to take copies of any hard copy forms with you to your appointment.
Please complete the following online trainings as soon as possible during your first week. Your supervisor may have other training courses that you need to complete for job specific access or other needs, so be sure to consult with them on your first day.
Complete on Your First Day
- UF HIPAA Training
- At-Risk for Faculty & Staff Kognito Training
- Maintaining a Safe & Respectful Campus: Identifying and Preventing Sexual and Gender Based Violence, Harassment, and Discrimination
Complete by the End of the Week
- Physician Billing Compliance Training
- Protecting UF: Information Security Training
- Compliance & Ethics: Doing Your Part for the Gator Good
- Embracing Our Service Culture at UF Health
Complete the following courses to gain necessary roles in the myUFL system. Once complete, contact us with the course name and date of completion to have the role assigned.
- UF DocuSign Author Training
- Research Participant Payments for Fiscal Administrators
- Protecting Social Security Numbers & Identity Theft Prevention
Other Recommended Training
While not required, the following courses are highly recommended for all staff. Confirm with your supervisor before registering for any extra training.
- Attitude/Radiating Possibility
- Communication Confidence
- Cultivating Judgement: Critical Thinking Skills for Complex Work Environments
- Developing Your Emotional Intelligence for Workplace Effectiveness
- Embracing the Growth Mindset
- Introduction to Microsoft Teams
- The Multitasking Mirage: Find Your Focus, Flow, and Finish Line
- Now Hear This
- Project Management Basics
- Transforming Conflict
- UF 101
Commitment to diversity
In June 2020, President Fuchs issued a directive which identified a series of steps which our University would be taking to address racism and to create a more racially just UF. As part of the University’s response to that directive, UFHR, the offices of the Chief Diversity Officer and Student Affairs, and individuals from across the UF campus came together to create the Stronger Together training series.
This program provides a series of educational opportunities to help UF faculty and staff better understand and address racism and bias and to promote racial justice at all levels. Many of the sessions are recorded and additional course offerings and other initiatives will be communicated through the UF @ Work publication from UF Human Resources as they become available.
Separate to the Stronger Together series, Gators Together is a longstanding certificate program for individual employees and supervisors designed to increase performance and engagement by creating an inclusive environment for our diverse talents. You can find a PDF of the program requirements here; be sure consult your supervisor before registering for any additional training.