The Mission of the UFHCC University Scholars Program is to educate the next generation of professionals in the importance of biomedical research and scientific discoveries, specifically focused on cancer. Training opportunities will also be provided to the UFHCC university scholars, allowing them to make significant contributions in cancer research ranging from basic to translational in cancer prevention, diagnostics, epidemiology and therapeutics.
We are now accepting applications for our 2021-2022 cohort. The application deadline is February 12, 2021.
This program provides a fall-spring semester research opportunity that offers laboratory experience for UF undergraduate students interested in cancer research. Students applying to the program will self-select their research interests aligned with the foci of our UFHCC Research Programs. During the course of the year, scholars will complete individual research projects and attend seminars. At the end of the program, scholars will participate in a research symposium, and give an oral presentation on their research projects. The program also provides an enrichment experience for our current graduate students and post-doctoral trainees, who act as student mentors for the interns, as they participate in teaching activities for the monthly research seminars.
Eligibility and Program Requirements
- Students who are in their freshman, sophomore or junior year at the time of application are eligible for consideration. (Students who will be graduating before May 2022 are not eligible to apply.)
- Participants will be required to dedicate 8-10 hours per week to research from September 2021 to May 2022.
- Participation in monthly activities and seminar series is required.
- Selected participants may be eligible to receive a stipend of up to $1,750.
- Selected participants will be required to attend a 1-2 hour program orientation in April 2021 (date TBA).
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.