Free Health Clinic
UF Health Cancer Center + UF Mobile Outreach Clinic
About: Project CONTINUITY and UF’s Mobile Outreach Clinic are hosting a free clinic. Anyone needing care can be scheduled for an appointment by contacting the Community Clinical Navigator at (352) 359-5184.
The following services will be offered:
- Cervical & colorectal cancer screenings
- Women’s health
- Primary care
- Chronic disease management
- Health & wellness education
Transportation assistance is available. Translation services are available for non-English speaking community members.
When: Tuesday, Oct. 11
Contact: Community Clinical Navigator | (352) 359-5184
Panera Goes Pink
About: Panera is going pink throughout the month of October! Several events will raise funds for breast cancer patients at UF Health.
- Pink ribbon bagel sales: Twenty cents of each pink ribbon bagel sold throughout October at Panera’s six bakery cafes in Gainesville, The Villages and Ocala will be donated to the UF Health Cancer Center.
- Collect for a cause: Every Friday in October, Panera will ask customers for a donation at the register. Internally, Panera is calling it “Collect for a Cause Café Challenge” to add a competitive and fun aspect. Winning cafés will be awarded fun prizes throughout the month, and pink buttons will be provided for cashiers to wear each Friday that say “Donate Today!”
- Operation Dough-Nation boxes: Panera will collect additional cash donations throughout October in Operation Dough-Nation boxes.
- Fridays are for fighters: This promotion will take place only at the Gainesville Paneras at 6017 W. Newberry Road and 3443 SW Archer Road. Every Friday in October, Panera will be giving out a free pink ribbon bagel to the first 100 customers who have battled (or are currently battling) breast cancer. *No purchase necessary; offer only good at the Panera Bread bakery cafes located at 6017 W. Newberry Road and 3443 SW Archer Road in Gainesville, Florida, while supplies last. The free pink ribbon bagel offer can be redeemed only at the register by a cashier; excludes orders placed through self-service kiosks, online or delivery.
When: Saturday, Oct. 1-Monday, Oct. 31
Where: Panera locations
More Information: www.paneraflorida.com
Real Men Wear Pink Golf Tournament
About: Join the community at the American Cancer Society Real Men Wear Pink Golf Tournament presented by Nathan S. Collier & The Collier Companies. With your support, the American Cancer Society saves lives by helping people stay well and get well, by finding cures, and by fighting back against cancer.
When: Friday, Oct. 14 | 12:30 p.m. tee time
Where: Hawkstone Country Club | 9905 SW 44 Ave., Gainesville FL 32608
Contact: Kyle Stone | 352-727-8564 | firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: Event webpage
About: Sunny Cares Foundation Inc. presents the 32nd annual Sunny’s Howl-A-Palooza! This annual Halloween carnival attracts over 1,000 people and includes carnival games, bounce houses, rock climbing, kiddie haunted house, train rides, face painting, obstacle courses, ninja fun and more. Goody bags and prizes will be given to all children.
Hundreds of local volunteers donate their time to put on the carnival. Proceeds of the 2022 Sunny’s Howl-A-Palooza will benefit the Stop Children’s Cancer Foundation and the UF Health Cancer Center in support of ovarian cancer in memory of Linda Bennett.
When: Sunday, Oct. 23 |3-6 p.m.
Where: Sun Country Sports Center’s West Location | 333 SW 140th Terrace, Jonesville, FL, 32669
More information: suncountrysports.com/howlapalooza
Hogtown 5K Beer Run
About: This unique cross-country run winds along park trails and loops through Haile Plantation. It is held in association with the Hogtown Craft Beer Festival and benefits the Climb for Cancer Foundation, which supports cancer patients and their families at UF Health.
Adult runners can enjoy delicious craft beer from Swamp Head Brewery at the finish line, along with food from Limerock Cafe, root beer for kids, and music and entertainment. Kids can sign up for the 1/2 Pint Root Beer Run, a 1/2 K run for kids 10 and under.
Register online or call 352-333-9663.
When: Saturday, Oct. 22 | 9 a.m.
Where: Haile Plantation
More Information: https://bit.ly/2022Hogtown5K
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
About: The American Cancer Center’s Making Strides movement raises funds that support breast cancer patients, survivors, thrivers and caregivers through every step of the journey. This year’s walk is Saturday, October 22 in Celebration Pointe.
When: Saturday, October 22 | 9 a.m.
Where: 4949 Celebration Pointe Ave. | Gainesville, FL 32608
More Information: Kyle Stone | Kyle.Stone@cancer.org | 352-727-8564
Wilmot Botanical Gardens
About: Wilmot Botanical Gardens is a free, five-acre garden with accessible walkways and plenty of benches for relaxing. In addition, there is a therapeutic horticulture program housed in a greenhouse in the gardens. The program is available to those affected by cancer. It is a most worthwhile activity for the mind and spirit, and no experience is necessary! Caregivers are welcome. There is a small parking lot adjacent to the greenhouse that you can park in for free during the sessions. Call or email Leah Diehl for more information: email@example.com or 352-294-5003.
Where: Wilmot Botanical Gardens Greenhouse
When: Call/email for current schedule