A Gathering for Women and the Family Members Who Love Them
About: The UF Health Cancer Center’s Community-Partnered Cancer Disparities Research Collaborative (CDRC) and its partners host a gathering focused on breast cancer for women and the family members who love them.
When: Saturday, Oct. 21 | 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: Springhill Baptist Church | 120 SE Williston Road, Gainesville, FL 32641
- Identify the most effective treatments for breast cancer and ways to prevent late-stage diagnosis
- Share ways to cope with the emotional, physical and other changes that come with breast cancer
- Learn ways that family members can support their loved cancer survivor
- Identify ways to support the family members of women with breast cancer
- Provide the opportunity to learn about and sign up to participate in meaningful cancer prevention and intervention research
- Answer participants’ public and private questions about breast cancer
- Dr. Carolyn Tucker, UF Health Cancer Center
- Dr. Dejana Braithwaite, UF Health Cancer Center
- Pastor Dr. Marie Herring, Dayspring Missionary Baptist Church
- Dr. Lakeshia Cousin, UF Health Cancer Center
- Pastor Kevin Thorpe, Faith Missionary Baptist Church
- Dr. Robert Houlihan, UF Health Cancer Center
- Pastor Kenyarda Feathers, Williams Temple Church of God in Christ
- Ms. Kirsten Klein, Psychology Department
- Pastor Pearlie Shelton, Upper Room of God in Christ
- Dr. Luisel Ricks-Santi, UF Health Cancer Center
Cancer Research & Intervention Advocates
- Ms. Lois Harrison
- Ms. Gwendolyn Saffo
- Springhill Baptist Church (Host Church), Pastor Adrian Taylor
- Dayspring Missionary Baptist Church, Pastor Dr. Marie Herring
- Faith Missionary Baptist Church, Pastor Kevin Thorpe
- Greater Bethel AME Church, Pastor Ron Rawls
- Showers of Blessings, Pastor Willie L. King Jr.
- Passage Family Church, Pastor Dr. George B. Dix Jr.
- Upper Room Church of God in Christ, Pastor Pearlie Shelton & Pastor Karl Anderson
- Williams Temple Church of God in Christ, Pastor Kenyarda Feathers