A Team Approach to Cancer Treatment
- The UF Health Cancer Center is a state-designated Cancer Center of Excellence. The designation by the Florida Legislature recognizes hospitals and treatment centers that demonstrate excellence in patient-centered coordinated care for people undergoing cancer treatment and chemotherapy.
- UF Health is designated as a Center of Excellence for myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes and pancreatic cancers.
- The patient outcomes of the UF Health Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program are ranked among the top 2.5% nationwide. It is one of 20 core centers nationwide that comprise the NHLBI/NCI Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network.
- The UF Health Proton Therapy Institute is one of the few proton facilities in the country that have achieved accreditation by the American College of Radiology. It is internationally recognized as a cancer care destination for pediatric radiation oncology patients.
- The UF Health Breast Center is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and is the first in the state to offer intraoperative radiation therapy using Intrabeam®.
A Group Effort for Individualized Care
The multidisciplinary teams at the UF Health Cancer Center meet weekly to discuss the details of each patient’s case. This approach leads to a personalized plan created to guide each patient through diagnosis, treatment and recovery. This plan also includes guiding patients who need several different therapies to their ideal cancer treatment combination. The plan is customized for the specific type of cancer, its stage and a patient’s needs and overall health. When patients begin their journeys, a patient navigator coordinates all aspects of their care, including ensuring patients and their families understand the care plan.
Make an Appointment