The mission of the Clinical Research Office (CRO) is to help deliver new and promising cancer treatments in order to improve the lives of the patients at the UF Health Cancer Center. The CRO provides support to UF Health Cancer Center clinical investigators for the development and implementation of cancer clinical trials. The primary goal of the CRO is to facilitate the conduct of high-quality clinical research while adhering to the highest ethical standards and maintaining compliance with all governing bodies.
Thomas J. George, MD, FCAP
Associate Director for Clinical Research
UF Health Cancer Center
Clinical Research Office provides the following services to the clinical investigators of the UF Health Cancer Center:
- Protocol and consent authoring
- Protocol feasibility assessments and budget development
- Regulatory Management
- Submissions to Institutional Review Boards (IRBs)
- Submissions to FDA
- Submissions to study sponsors
- Clinical Trial Coordination
- Patient education
- Patient recruitment
- Study visit coordination
- Data management and monitoring
- Clinicaltrials.gov management
- Research lab processing
- Financial Management
- Budget development and contract negotiations
- Study invoicing and payments for services
- Billing Compliance program management
- Management of UF Health Cancer Center committees
- Monitoring and Maintenance of the NCI and other Cooperative Group Memberships
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network (BMT CTN)
- Children’s Oncology Group (COG)
- Cancer Trials Support Unit (CTSU)
- NRG Oncology Group
- Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG)
Upcoming new services
The Clinical Research Office plans to provide clinical trial support for outside institutions with affiliations through the UF Academic Health Center.
- Affiliate sites of the UF Health Cancer Center NRG Oncology Group membership include:
- North Florida South Georgia VA Hospital (Gainesville, FL)
- Tallahassee Memorial Cancer Center (Tallahassee, FL)
- UF Health Proton Therapy Institute (Jacksonville, FL)
Contact the Clinical Research Office
For information related to existing active trials, please contact 352.273.8675. This can be utilized by physicians, their delegates, and even patients.
For information related to acquiring CRO services for a future clinical trial, please contact Alison Ivey, Administrative Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give us your feedback
Please contact Alison Ivey, Administrative Director, at mailto:email@example.com for feedback, questions, or concerns related to the administration of the UF Health Cancer Center Clinical Research Office.