Are you a recent graduate preparing for a career in healthcare or advanced education in the health sciences?
Our Clinical Research Intern program was developed specifically for recent college graduates with an interest in exploring and establishing a career in clinical research, healthcare, or public health. Our Interns play a vital role in the research enterprise and work closely with and learn from physicians, investigators, study staff, and other partners throughout UFHCC and UF Health. This engagement with faculty and staff results in a myriad of opportunities for personalized mentorship and professional development. In this program, interns are encouraged to apply their previous coursework in a real world setting to better prepare them for further medical education or increasingly responsible roles in the healthcare enterprise. As part of this program, interns will also participate in a quality improvement project and analyze the data as part of a poster/abstract presentation.
Successful applicants are those who are seeking a career in health sciences and meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in basic sciences, health related sciences, or similar (degree conferred prior to internship start date);
- GPA of 3.2;
- Submission of one letter of recommendation from program faculty, research faculty, or similar and two references;
- Submission of resume and short essay detailing why this program will help them meet their career goals;
- Availability for 20-40 hours per week for up to two years during normal business hours (8 AM – 5 PM).
- Must be eligible to work under the provisions of all applicable immigration laws and regulations, as amended, and provision of necessary I-9 documents;
- Successful pre-employment screening including a review of criminal records.
The application period is currently open for applications for May 2023 start date. These are paid internship positions.
Please contact Erin Monari, Clinical Research Office Director at email@example.com with any questions.