Cancer Center Membership
UF Health Cancer Center ListServ
The UFHCC-News ListServ is one of the primary ways the UF Health Cancer Center keeps in touch with its members, graduate students, postdoctoral associates, UF staff and friends of the cancer center to share the latest information on ongoing activities of the center, including newsletters, conference and seminar announcements, public events, funding opportunities, research projects and other information of interest to the cancer research community.
If you would like to subscribe to our ListServ, please send an email to the UF Health Cancer Center with the following information: First Name, Last Name, UF ID, Department/College/Institution Affiliation, preferred email address and telephone number.
UF Health Cancer Center Membership
Cancer Center membership is available and encouraged for all University of Florida investigators who hold a faculty appointment and are actively engaged in, or demonstrate interest in, cancer-focused basic, clinical, translational or population-based research in alignment with the UFHCC’s mission and strategic plan. Eligibility and privileges are based on the applicant’s current level of cancer-focused research and affiliation with UFHCC. Research activities of the center are organized into defined programmatic areas. Current UFHCC research programs are Mechanisms of Oncogenesis (MOO); Cancer Therapeutics and Host Response (CTHR); and, Cancer Population Sciences (CPS).
Cancer Center administration will maintain membership information and facilitate recruitment of new members. The Cancer Center Leadership Committee, consisting of the Director and Associate Directors, will review and assign membership category, make membership assignments to research programs, and update the membership roster periodically. Faculty can apply for membership throughout the year and applications will be reviewed regularly. The Director is responsible for final decisions for membership.
Benefits and Privileges of Membership
Benefits for members are based on the current membership level assignment, which can be found on the UFHCC Membership Policy. Based on research interests, all UFHCC members are encouraged to actively participate in one of three UFHCC research programs: Mechanisms of Oncogenesis (MOO); Cancer Therapeutics and Host Response (CTHR); and, Cancer Population Sciences (CPS). All UFHCC members are invited to participate in regularly scheduled UFHCC scientific seminars, retreats, and symposia. Each program conducts monthly research meetings and all members are encouraged to attend and participate in efforts of the Program Leadership to stimulate collaboration among program members, and between the different programs.
- Access to UFHCC program meetings
- Access to UFHCC Research Pilot programs
- UFHCC twice annual traditional Pilot program
- UFHCC Special Call Announcements
- Access to UFHCC Research Program Pilot program
- Access to UFHCC Bridge Award program
- Access to Florida Consortium of National Cancer Institute (NCI) Centers Program funding opportunities
- Participation with disease site-specific clinical practice and research teams
- Clinical trials management services
- Collaborative funding opportunities
- LOI, grant and publication support
- Scientific Enrichment and Scholastic opportunities::
- UFHCC Oncology Grand Rounds
- “Topics in Cancer”, basic science lecture series
- General membership retreats and symposia
- Community engagement opportunities
Responsibilities of Membership
Members of the UF Health Cancer Center are expected to actively participate in cancer-focused research and collaborate with other Cancer Center members. Responsibilities of membership include the following:
- Participation in cancer center leadership opportunities:
- Service on committees
- Scientific leadership for shared resources
- Clinical trial participation
- Research Program engagement and Working Group involvement
- Annually submit an updated NIH Biosketch
- Acknowledge membership in UFHCC, the use of Center space, Shared Resources, and other assistance as appropriate, in research publications
- Participation in symposia, seminars, and presentation of original science
- Commitment to interdisciplinary research efforts
- Co-authoring with UFHCC colleagues in peer reviewed publications and grant applications, where applicable
- Allocation of the Center portion of the indirect cost returns to the Cancer Center;
- Provision of copies of cancer related grant/contract applications to facilitate Center planning for research programs and interdisciplinary initiatives
- Provision of periodic updates of publications, research support, and other information that may be needed to fulfill requirements for NCI reporting requirements
- Submission of all clinical research protocols through the UFHCC Clinical Trials Office and for review by the SRMC (Scientific Review and Monitoring Committee) and DISC (Data Integrity & Safety Committee)
- Participation in Research Program meetings and retreats
- Service on Cancer Center committees
Before you submit your application, please be sure to read and understand the complete UFHCC Membership Policy.
To complete a UFHCC Membership Application, please click here.