The University of Florida Health Cancer Center Biostatistics & Quantitative Sciences Shared Resource (BQS SR) provides biostatistical leadership and analytic collaborative support to members of the Cancer Center.
Through this support, the BQS SR plays a critical role in clinical trials; population-based studies, including epidemiologic, health outcomes/behavior and health disparities research in our catchment area; molecular biology studies, including genome sequencing for translational research and experimental therapeutic studies; and laboratory-based research.
To promote rigorous and reproducible statistical and quantitative sciences for research.
- Provide biostatistical and quantitative assistance to members for the design of studies, development of grant proposals, analysis of data, publication and dissemination of findings.
- Provide consultations and collaborate in the development and evaluation of innovative methodologies, data collection, and processing tools, and to select/ develop analytic software appropriate for study objectives pertaining to cancer informatics and electronic medical-record data.
- Enhance transdisciplinary research and team science through coordination with other shared resources and facilitating collaborations among faculty.
- Support the Cancer Center Clinical Research Office, thereby ensuring high quality of science, data integrity, and patient safety in clinical cancer research.
- Educate members, staff, and trainees in current “best practices” and uses of biostatistics, bioinformatics and health informatics to ensure rigorous and reproducible research.
Services are provided as a no chargeback system and provides support for short and moderate term projects free of charge along with the development of research projects. Services include:
- Conceptualization of a research project, including development of research questions and hypotheses.
- Study design, including sample size justification/power analysis; analytical planning.
- Basic data management, including guidance in the development of study databases, the establishment of procedures for monitoring data quality, and the preparation of analysis datasets.
- Statistical analyses and interpretation of results for collected data.
- Assistance in grant writing.
- Assistance in manuscript writing.
Ji-Hyun Lee, DrPH
Division of Quantitative Sciences, University of Florida Health Cancer Center;
Professor, Department of Biostatistics
University of Florida
Office Phone: 352-273-9079
- Administrative Assistant
Office Phone: 352-273-7137
Cancer and Genetics Research Complex
2033 Mowry Road
Gainesville, FL 32610