The NextGen DNA Sequencing Core provides high quality, massively parallel, high-throughput sequencing services covering a broad range of applications for biological research including transcriptome analysis, targeted genome and variant analysis, microbiome analysis, epigenetics, and de novo genome assembly. The Core utilizes the most current instrumentation, including the PacBio SEQUEL, and Illumina MiSeq, NextSeq, and HiSeq3000 platforms. Library construction services from many applications are available for all platforms. Customers are encouraged to consult with core staff for the purpose of selecting the best experimental approach and instrument platform for addressing specific research questions.
The NGS-SR, a partnership between the UFHCC and the UF Interdisciplinary Center for Biotechnology Research (ICBR), is located within the Cancer Genetics Research Complex (CGRC) and provides UFHCC members access to state-of-the-art instrumentation and scientific and technical expertise for conducting impactful genomic-based research studies in support of the strategic aims of basic, translational and clinical cancer research activities.
To provide UF Health Cancer Center members with access to centralized, state-of-the-art, cost-effective next generation sequencing services to advance cancer research.
Shared Resource Aims
- Provide ready access to cost effective, state-of-the-art next generation sequencing services.
- Provide consultation on experimental design, data interpretation, and support for scientific publications and research grant applications
- Identify and evaluate new instrumentation and ensure alignment of instrument capabilities with UFHCC user needs based upon end-user feedback and member surveys and recommendations from the NGS-SR Scientific Advisory Group
- Massively parallel, high-throughput whole genome sequencing
- Library prep for genomic DNA/exome analysis, epigenetics, microbiome studies and RNA-sequencing
- Expert consultations in effective use of NGS technologies
- Collaboration with the Biostatistics and Computational Biology Shared Resource for streamlined data analysis of large-scale genomic datasets
- Instrument training and workshops
NextGen DNA Sequencing Scientific Director