The NextGen DNA Sequencing Core provides high quality, massively parallel, high-throughput sequencing services covering a broad range of applications for biological research including transcriptome analysis, targeted genome and variant analysis, microbiome analysis, epigenetics, and de novo genome assembly. The Core utilizes the most current instrumentation, including the PacBio SEQUEL, and Illumina MiSeq, NextSeq, and HiSeq3000 platforms. Library construction services from many applications are available for all platforms. Customers are encouraged to consult with core staff for the purpose of selecting the best experimental approach and instrument platform for addressing specific research questions.
The NGS-SR, a partnership between the UFHCC and the UF Interdisciplinary Center for Biotechnology Research (ICBR), is located within the Cancer Genetics Research Complex (CGRC) and provides UFHCC members access to state-of-the-art instrumentation and scientific and technical expertise for conducting impactful genomic-based research studies in support of the strategic aims of basic, translational and clinical cancer research activities.
David Moraga, Ph.D.
- Provide ready access to cost-effective, state-of-the-art next-generation sequencing technologies and instrumentation as well as highly skilled technical staff to support research programs.
- Provide expert consultation on effective use of NGS technologies, assistance with data interpretation, and support for scientific publications and research grant applications.
- Ensure rigor and reproducibility of all research conducted at NGS-SR through the use of standard operating procedures, continuous staff training, monitoring instrument performance metrics, and appropriate data handling, transfer and storage.
- Lead efforts to acquire new instrumentation and develop and validate new methodologies to expand capabilities and expertise in NGS-SR to meet growing demands of membership.
- Massively parallel, high-throughput whole genome sequencing
- Library prep for genomic DNA/exome analysis, epigenetics, microbiome studies and RNA-sequencing
- Expert consultations in effective use of NGS technologies
- Collaboration with the Biostatistics and Quantitative Sciences Shared Resource for streamlined data analysis of large-scale genomic datasets
- Instrument training and workshops